Cyber Essentials Certification from Corsaire
The Cyber Essentials security certification is a government-backed security accreditation for businesses looking to reduce the risk of cyber attacks by maintaining security best practice across their organisation.
Corsaire is your CREST certified partner for achieving Cyber Essentials (CE) and Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) certification.
As well as being a requirement for any IT supplier to the UK Government, the Cyber Essentials scheme is designed for any organisation who has systems or desktops connected to the internet that could be susceptible to cyber attacks.
What does Cyber Essentials include?
The Cyber Essentials is a 5-module accreditation, ensuring your organisation maintains best practice to minimise the risk of cyber attacks. These 5 areas include:
Have you implemented adequate security controls across your servers and desktops to prevent data leakage?
Boundary Firewalls and Internet Gateways
A well configured and maintained firewall is imperative to stopping malicious traffic entering your organisation.
Access Controls and Privilege Management
Are your applications authenticated? Have you adequately tested to ensure users cannot access more than they should?
Pro-active - Patching regularly reduces the risk of vulnerable systems and attacks on known exploits.
Reactive - Integrating malware protection across your network can detect infection fast, and reduce the impact on critical business systems.
Cyber Essentials vs. Cyber Essentials Plus
The Cyber Essentials scheme operates two variations of the certification. A self-assessment fixed-cost accreditation is available, as well as an enhanced certification which requires external assessment and verification.
Compare Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus
- Features a self-assessment questionnaire on your organisations security controls.
- An external vulnerability scan on public-facing networks and applications to identify any known vulnerabilities.
- Provides a limited view of an organisations security controls from an independent position.
Cyber Essentials Plus
from £800 per day.
- Includes all the assessments for the Cyber Essentials accreditation.
Plus an on-site assessment to verify:
- Security controls and anti-virus setup of each device type (PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Mobile)
- Security patching implementation and configuration overview.
- An overview of system resilience to malicious email and downloadable malware.
What’s the process for Cyber Essentials?
1. Select whether you are applying for Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus. If you need any assistance in deciding what’s best, please contact us for a no-commitment chat.
2. Download a copy of our self-assessment questionnaire and guidance documents which can be accessed here.
3. We’ll review your responses to ensure you meet the required criteria. If we need to clarify anything, we’ll give you a quick call.
4. We’ll perform a simple vulnerability scan of your public-facing networks (including any servers, systems or applications)
5. For Cyber Essentials only, once your questionnaire has been signed by your managing board, and us - your certification and badge will be issued.
If you’ve opted for Cyber Essentials Plus…
6. We’ll book some time to visit your premises to review your mobile, tablet, desktops and servers and perform an internal vulnerability scan.
7. Once your results have been verified, we will issue your certification and badge.
Get started right away with your Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certification with our simple wizard.